- Definition of Bulk Trash - Large items that normally would not be picked up as household trash. See list below.
- Limited to three (3) items per pickup per house. Items in excess of three (3) items will be charged at $150 per item. Payment must be made in advance.
- The Town limits each household to three (3) items per pick up per house.
Bulk Trash Pickup Schedule - Bulk trash is picked up on your trash collection day each week. Items should be called in at a minimum of 24 hours prior to Evergreen Disposal Services at (240) 468-6677.
Items That Will Not Be Picked Up
- Anything that was not included in your request for collection to Evergreen
- Pianos, pool tables and assembled play equipment
- Heat pumps
- Hazardous waste such as motor oil, paint products and anti-freeze
- Scrap metal
- Medical waste
- Tires and auto batteries
- Grass and Yard debris (See below)
- Construction Debris, I.E. drywall, wood, flooring, tile, etc.
- When renovating, remodeling, or emptying a house, you must call a trash contractor and have a dumpster placed on your property.
Items That Will Be Picked Up
- Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators and washing machines
- Mattresses and beds
- Rugs, but not full pieces of carpet
If there are items you wish to dispose of, but do not meet our policy, you may call the Calvert County Landfill at (410) 326-0210 so that they may assist you in your disposal needs or contract Evergreen Disposal directly to collect these items at a cost.
The Town reserves the right not to pick up an item if it determines the Town cannot or should not dispose of the item. If there are any questions, please contact the Town Hall for assistance.
Sticks, twigs and branches will be picked up April through November by public works – must be cut into 3 foot lengths and bundled together.
- 1st Tuesday of the month - South Side (South of Fishing Creek)
- 2nd Tuesday of the month - North Side
- 3rd Tuesday of the month - West Side (Bayview Hills & Richfield Station), Cox Rd., Highlands, Wesley Stinnett
If you have a whole tree cut down it is the responsibility of the contractor or yourself to have the tree taken away.
Bagged Yard Waste
North Part of Town and Chesapeake Village
- Bagged yard waste collected on Monday every other week all year
South Part of Town and Richfield Station
- Bagged yard waste collected on Tuesday every other week all year
Yard Items that will NOT be picked up:
- Whole trees
- Tree stumps
- Planter pots and boxes
- Planting soil
Yard debris will not be picked up if it does not comply with these requirements.