Let’s talk Trash!
The Town of Chesapeake Beach Code requires that all trash storage receptacles shall be made of durable material and shall be watertight with tight fitting covers to control odor and prevent animal access. No garbage, trash or debris shall be placed out for collection except in proper receptacles. Remember -- all trash has to be at the curb in containers with lids. The trash company cannot come on private property to retrieve your trash. Also, if there are grass clippings out with the regular trash, the contractor will not pick this up.
If you would like a recycle bin and you reside within the corporate limits of Chesapeake Beach click here and we will have one delivered to your home.
Printable Trash/Recycling Schedules : Please see the Resident Resources page calendar
- Trash and Recycling Schedule for March 2020
- Trash and Recycling Schedule for April 2020
- Trash and Recycling Schedule for May 2020
- Trash and Recycling Schedule for June 2020
- Trash and Recycling Schedule for July 2020
- Wondering what side of Town you reside in? Click Here for a Trash Collection Map
North Part of Town and Chesapeake Village
- Trash collected on Monday (all year)
- Recycling collected Thursday every week (all year)
- Bagged yard waste collected on Monday every other week (April thru November)
South Part of Town and Richfield Station
- Trash collected on Tuesday (all year)
- Recycling collected on Friday every week (all year)
- Bagged yard waste collected on Tuesday every other week (April thru November)
Reminder on Requirement for Trash Receptacles:
According to Town Ordinance 200.3 (9) in part -- "No garbage, trash, or debris shall be placed out for collection except in proper storage receptacles. Where collection is from a sidewalk or alley, receptacles shall be placed out no earlier than the evening preceding the day of collection... Receptacles placed on a sidewalk or alley shall be promptly returned to the premises after collection... Storage receptacles shall be made of a durable material and shall be watertight with tight-fitting covers to control odor and prevent animal access."