Municipal Trash Services:
The Town of Chesapeake Beach provides trash removal services to Town residents. This service is paid for through the local real estate tax that is received by the Town of Chesapeake Beach. There are no additional fees to residents to participate; however, residents must adhere to the requirements for collection. Effective July 1, 2020 the Town of Chesapeake Beach contracts municipal trash, recycling, bagged yard waste and bulk removal and disposal through Evergreen Disposal Services.
The Town of Chesapeake Beach Code requires that all trash storage receptacles shall be made of durable material and shall be watertight with tight fitting covers to control odor and prevent animal access. No garbage, trash or debris shall be placed out for collection except in proper receptacles. Remember -- all trash has to be at the curb in containers with lids. The trash company cannot come on private property to retrieve your trash.
The Town provides each resident with one recycling bin, if you need additional containers a charges apply. If you would like a recycle bin and you reside within the corporate limits of Chesapeake Beach click here and we will have one delivered to your home. You may also call Town Hall at (410) 257-2230 to schedule the delivery of your recycle bin. This delivery takes place through the Town's Department of Public Works and not through the Town contractor.
Printable Trash/Recycling Schedules :
- Trash and Recycling Schedule for June 2020
- Trash and Recycling Schedule for July 2020
- Wondering what side of Town you reside in? Click Here for a Trash Collection Map
North Part of Town and Chesapeake Village:
- Trash collected on Monday (all year)
- Bulk, collected on Monday (all year) when it is scheduled with Evergreen Disposal 24 hours prior to collection at (240) 468-6677
- Recycling collected Thursday every week (all year)
- Bagged yard waste collected on Monday every other week (all year)
South Part of Town and Richfield Station:
- Trash collected on Tuesday (all year)
- Bulk, collected on Tuesday (all year) when it is scheduled with Evergreen Disposal 24 hours prior to collection at (240) 468-6677
- Recycling collected on Friday every week (all year)
- Bagged yard waste collected on Tuesday every other week (all year)
Requirements for collection:
- Trash should be placed in covered cans or in heavy duty trash bags, secured tightly, and placed at the curb in front of your home.
- Broken glass or tin can lids should be wrapped in paper bags.
- Ashes remain hot for several days; please store them in a metal container, out of the house, for about a week prior to putting them out for pickup.
- DUE TO LANDFILL REGULATIONS: The following items will NOT be collected: dead animals, oil, paint, stains, batteries, construction or remodeling material, manure, tree stumps, mulch, sod, dirt, stone, rocks, cement, bricks, poisons, dangerous acids, caustics, explosives or other dangerous material or items too large or heavy to be loaded in collection vehicles safely by our refuse collectors.
- SPECIAL PICKUPS & BULK PICK UP: All SPECIAL PICKUPS will be scheduled by appointment only on your scheduled trash collection day, and pick ups should be called in to Evergreen Disposal Services 24 hrs in advance.
- HOLIDAYS: Collections will take place as scheduled on all holidays except New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day or Christmas Day or on days on which disposal facilities used by provider are closed. If your service day falls on any of these occasions, your next pickup will be on the next scheduled pick up day.
- Containers should not weigh more than 35 pounds.
Reminder on Requirement for Trash Receptacles:
According to Town Ordinance 200.3 (9) in part -- "No garbage, trash, or debris shall be placed out for collection except in proper storage receptacles. Where collection is from a sidewalk or alley, receptacles shall be placed out no earlier than the evening preceding the day of collection... Receptacles placed on a sidewalk or alley shall be promptly returned to the premises after collection... Storage receptacles shall be made of a durable material and shall be watertight with tight-fitting covers to control odor and prevent animal access."