To request a container, complete the online form by clicking here. One bin per household please, and you must reside within the corporate limits of Chesapeake Beach.
Do Not Put Recycle Materials in Plastic Bags -- Put RMs Directly into your Recycle Bin
- Clean cardboard
- Newspaper and inserts, paper magazines and catalogs
- Phone books and office paper
- Junk mail
- Aluminum food and beverage cans, aluminum foil-must be clean
- Metal food and beverage containers
- Pet (#1) plastic bottles and trays
- HDPE (#2) plastic bottles and tubs
- #3, #4, #5 and #7 plastic bottles, containers and lids
- Clear, brown & green glass food & beverage containers
- Milk cartons and juice boxes
- Plastic bags of any kind
- Food waste, pizza boxes, napkins, fast food boxes, wax coated boxes, used paper plates, food soiled paper
- Rocks, dirt, concrete, trees, branches, grass clippings
- Medical waste - needles, sharps, “red bag waste”, hospital waste
- Tires, lumber, shrink wrap, pvc pipe
- Fabrics - clothing, sheets, blankets
- Styrofoam, cords, ropes, chains, chairs, shelving, auto parts, fencing
- Hazardous materials such as batteries, paint, medicines, oils / gasoline, ammunition, radioactive materials
In doubt? Place it with the trash!
- Printable version of the above list of acceptable and unacceptable materials.
- For more information on Mixed Curbside Residential Recycling.
Disposal of Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs)
These long-lived, energy efficient light bulbs are being used more and more in our homes and businesses. One of the few disadvantages of CFLs is that they contain small amounts of mercury, an element known to be harmful to human health and the environment. If you break a CFL, place all the cleaned-up material in a sealed plastic bag and either put it into an outside trash container for the next normal trash collection or, if convenient, take it to the Mt. Hope Community (Recycling) Center (104 Pushaw Station Rd.,Sunderland, MD) where they accept CFLS year round. Light bulbs of any sort are not acceptable items for recycling with the Town's Recycling contractor.
Once we receive your form, Public Works personnel will deliver a container to your home. Again, we encourage everyone to recycle and join us in the program. See table below for specific guidelines and instructions regarding what materials may be recycled, preparation for recycling and what items are unacceptable. Thank you in advance for participating in this very worthwhile program!
- Chesapeake Village Residents: Your trash collection day is Monday and your recycle collection day is Thursday.
- Richfield Station Residents: Your trash collection day is Tuesday and your recycle collection day is Friday.
Recycling Bin Instructions
Please Consult This List Before Placing Any Items Into Recycling Bin.
For a printable version of this, click here.
|Paper||Magazines, Junk Mail, Envelopes, Newspaper, Flyers, Brochures, Writing/Typing/Computer Paper Books, Cancelled Checks||Put only clean, dry paper into the bin|
Wet, Waxed or Soiled Paper, Used Paper Towels and Plates, Carbon Paper
|Cardboard||Corrugated Boxes, Paper Tubes, Wrapping Paper, Cereal Boxes, File Folders, Poster Board|
Flatten boxes, Remove plastic or waxed paper liners and all styrofoam packing material
Wet Soiled or Waxed Cardboard, Wax Coated Beverage Containers, Pizza Boxes
|Glass||Juice, Pop/Soda & Water Bottles, Beer & Wine Bottles, Food Jars|
Remove all lids, Rinse to remove residue,
Do not break glass
Light Bulbs, Window Glass, Drinking Glasses or Mirrors
|Metal||Tin Food Cans, Aluminum Beverage Cans, Aluminum Foil, Metal Utensils, Wire, Copper And Brass|
Empty and rinse cans to remove all food residue, Remove labels from tin cans
Cans Used for Chemicals or Paints, Aerosol Spray Cans, Appliances, Power Tools or Batteries
|Plastics||Plastic Bottles Used for Milk, Juice, Soap and Soft Drinks||Rinse containers to remove residue|
Containers Used for Chemicals or Automotive Products (Oil, Antifreeze, Etc.), Rubber Products, Styrofoam, Photographic Film, Plastic Bags, Polyvinyl Sheeting, Heat Shrink Wrapping
Do not place any of these materials in recycling bin:
Liquids • Food Waste • Waxed Paper Products • Fabrics • Wood • Styrofoam